Turn your brand and graphics into a client magnet with the FREE bingable 3x video series.
Canva, branding, design, marketing and empowering women in business!
In this week’s episode, we dive deep into the world of customer avatars with our special guest, the brilliant copywriting strategist, Rashida Tayabali. If you’re ready to take your business to the next level and discover how to captivate your target audience and utilise your marketing budget, learning about customer avatars is an unexpected tool to make this happen!
Up first, WHY should you bother creating a customer avatar?
In selling products or services, it’s all about forging that emotional connection with your customers. Understanding your customers on a profound level by exploring their likes, dislikes, needs, fears, goals, and dreams, can help you overcome objections before they even arise. It’s akin to finding their “why” and aligning it with your brand.
Say goodbye to wasted time and money on generic marketing campaigns! Focus instead on having a crystal-clear customer avatar. This will allow your biz to allocate their marketing budget more effectively.
Ditch the one-size-fits-all approach and embrace the power of a well-crafted customer profile. Remember, you don’t need to try to please everyone with your business; instead, focus on attracting and delighting your dream clients.
Talk to your clients, past clients and dream clients. Use reviews, forums, and competitor testimonials. These rich sources help her understand customer struggles and overcome them with persuasive copy that hits the mark.
– Speak to Your Customers and Clients
– Conduct Interviews with Your Client
– Tap into the Wisdom of Ex-Customers
– Utilize Reviews, Forums, and Competitor Testimonials
– Harness the Insights of Chat GPT (But Remember to Validate with Human Customers)
– Understand the Value from Your Customer’s Perspective
– Bridge the Gap Between Perception and Reality
– Evaluate Your Ideal Customers’ Specific Needs
– Know Your Customers’ Likes, Dislikes, Goals, Fears, and Dreams
– Evaluate Whether Your Business Provides the Solutions They Seek
– Shape Your Visual Identity to Attract Your Target Audience
– Craft Content That Resonates with Your Avatar’s Language and Preferences
– Avoid Trying to Please Everyone
– Attract Those Who Appreciate Your Unique Services and Products
– Consider Multicultural Demographics When Creating Avatars
– Address Triggering Language and Cultural Differences
– Create a Document for Everyone on Your Team to Reference
– Use the Avatar Document to Evaluate New Product or Service Ideas
With a deep understanding of your target audience, you’ll be prepared to create strategic content and graphics that truly resonate with your ideal clients. By honing in on your customer avatar, you’ll save time, attract loyal customers, and achieve the ultimate success in your business.
We hope you found this step-by-step guide helpful and inspiring. Remember to check out Rashida’s resources for further information and take the time to connect with us on Instagram and our website for more invaluable tips and insights. Make sure to subscribe or follow The Seriously in Business podcast and YouTube channel to stay tuned for more exciting episodes. Until next time, happy avatar building!
Rashida Tayabali a copywriter for women in business helping to write crystal clear messaging so they can bring their dream brand and vision to life. Rashi also help reduce content overwhelm for clients freeing them up to focus on and grow their businesses.
Customer Avatar Workbook: https://subscribepage.io/customer-avatar-workbook
If you loved this episode as much as I loved sharing it with you…there is more where that came from!
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future juicy design hacks. For bonus points and a little “eeeek” from me as I sit on the other end – I would LOVE if you would leave a review and rating. It’s a little thing that makes a big difference and helps me continue to produce more DIY goodness for you!